Good evening lovelies!
Today I have been thinking about how easy and all too common it is for us to compare ourselves to other people and their lives. With the rise of social media this is only heightened, leading to serious mental health issues. We spend our days scrolling through instagram, facebook, twitter and snapchat etc which are filled with peoples highlight reels of their "perfect" life. Truth is, half these people aren't as happy as they make out and are constantly wishing they were someone else or had someone elses life. Therefore, today I put together a list of points that I think are important for all us ladies to remember, especially if we are having a bit of a cloudy day! Read them, spread them around to all your friends & family and let's learn to love ourselves for who we are. ❤
1. Everyone has rolls when they bend over.
2. Appreciate all that your body can do- it's bloody amazing?!
3. When someone tells you that you're beautiful, believe them. They aren't lying.
4. Sometimes we all wake up with breath that could kill a goat
5. Surround yourself with positive people
6. Shut down those voices that tell you your body isn't "right"
7. Wear clothes that make you feel good about your body and are comfortable
8. Don't believe everything you see on social media ✖️
9. For every woman unhappy with her stretch marks is another woman who wishes she had them
10. Buy lace underwear and model it around at home- You're a goddess. Own it.
11. Realise that if someone can't see your virtues, it doesn't mean you don't have them.
12. You should definitely have more confidence. And if you saw yourself the way others see you, you would
13. Don't look for a man to save you. Be able to save yourself.
14. It's ok to not love every part of your body...... but you should
15. We all have that one friend that seems to have it all together. That woman with the seemingly perfect life. Well, you might be that woman to someone else.
16. You should be a priority. Not an option, a last resort or backup plan
17. Compliment yourself when you look in the mirror.
18. Forgive yourself
19. Bake cookies just to clean the mixing bowl with your fingers. Everyone knows that's the best part. And lets be honest, it is an instant mood booster!
20. You are YOU and that makes you pretty damn remarkable.
Please read these points and absorb them. You are you. There is no one else like you in the world and that is your power. Don't waste your time striving to be someone else because you will never succeed in that, and why would you want to?
Spend time living YOUR best life, enjoying YOUR life and watering your own garden. Someone else's life may seem "perfect" but more often than not, there is more than meets the eye. All that time you spend wishing you had someone else's life is precious time you could use on improving your own.
Thank you for taking the time out to read my little Sunday night thoughts. I hope you find some of it useful. If so, please share it around with your friends and family, we could all do with a little love, light and a reality check every now and again.
Lots of love